Friday, June 21, 2013

Tender Mercies of Today

I don't have a lot of words tonight but there is so much on my mind. I had a good day today with several tender mercies. Some of those tender mercies included:
*Breakfast with 2 of my friends.
*Peaceful morning.
*Talking on the phone to best friend to make plans for tomorrow.
*Amazing spiritual conversation with one of my therapists (yes, he is LDS). I asked some deep questions about my life in the session and he answered them with inspired wisdom and understanding. The spirit was strong and I was reminded how blessed I am to have had this person in my life for the past 5 years.
*Anxiety free day. This in itself is a miracle.
*Phone conversation with my other therapist that turned spiritual also. She is not LDS, but is a person I respect and admire because of her deep faith in God. Today my conversation with her reminded me of how God puts people in our lives because He loves us.
*Best friend came over this evening for a bit and we had such a good conversation. It too was filled with spiritual upliftment and a silent reminder to me how richly blessed my life is because she is in it. God must love me.
*Today I hit my first goal in recovery days. It feels good to know I have met my goal for being clean "X" amount of days. I have the rest of my life to go, but breaking it up into small recovery goals makes the journey so much more doable.
*I am looking forward to tomorrow....movie with best friend, ward dutch-oven dinner activity and getting some things done at home.
*Things are hard right now....I am experiencing some difficult life things....but I am strong and courageous and God is blessing me. He is giving me strength and courage and faith and encouraging me to trust the process. And because I am trusting the process and working hard, God is showing me that I can have light in my life.

4 comments:

  1. I like this idea of doing a tender mercy post. Mercies are everywhere, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, tender mercies are everywhere. Our challenge is to open our eyes and our hearts to recognize them. I am thankful for the moments I do recognize them and need to work harder to see them everyday!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this lady! It's awesome when we can find the silver lining in all the gray. Proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it is hard to see the silver lining amidst our trials. Thank goodness God does not expect perfection and is so merciful to us. Thanks for your encouragement!

      Delete